Re: Indicating required fields mandatory or not (SC 3.3.2 or 2.4.6)

Thanks everyone for your reactions so far. But, wether the conformance
testing is in any kind in regard to legislation or not, the outcome should
be the same. Something either passes or fails a succes criterion. Based on
.... What?

So, the question remains the same. If you have a form and there are fields
that are mandatory, how should we evaluate SC 3.3.2 in the situations I
described before. So far most people would fail this succes criterion on
most of the situations. And Brian gave an interesting different view when
looking at it from the normative text only. He would not fail any of the
situations.

Anyone else have a thought on this?

It also comes down to how to use the 'Understanding' document and the 'How
to meet' in the interpretation of the normative text and whether you can
use that to either fail or pass a succes criterion or not. It is quit a
fundamental question I think.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Gerard Copinga

Cardan Technobility
TalentSquare 13
5038 LX Tilburg
Tel.: +31 (0) 88 500 4070
E-mail: gerard@technobility.nl
WWW: www.technobility.nl
Werkdagen: maandag, dinsdagochtend, woensdag, donderdagochtend