Re: screen readers and punctuation

Hi there,
granted I missed the start of this thread.  yet it seems to illustrate
what, speaking personally, seems to be a serious misunderstanding.  There
are  many many different screen readers for various environments.  While I
have certainly not tried them all, from my personal experience every one
of them I have used since 1988  provided a way for me, as an individual
user, to decide how much and how little punctuation I get at any given
time.  Nothing you do  at your end  is going to uniformly impact  that,
save for things like inflection, which too can be set...again with the
several programs I have personally used.  In  some cases  even unique
punctuation can be allowed, or restricted.  There are times when I tell my
screen reader to say all punctuation...when I am playing hangman for
example.  There are times when I desire very little, when reading dickens
allowing inflection of the voice serving as my speech to do the work.  As
I type  I get a different level, than if I am reading and so forth.
However, again speaking personally, nothing you do in your code is going
to  change what I have told my screen reader to provide. it might motivate
me to make adjustments, but this will not be a uniform experience for
every screen reader user encountering your content.  These settings are
individual in nature, as should be the case in my personal opinion.
Kare