RE: A tag looking like a BUTTON tag. Fail?

I sort of agree but come from a different angle.

The HTML mark-up for elements should provide the flexibility to style the button or link in a fashion to provide the require style and semantics users require or want. A button or link tag should be the structure. What the actual structure looks like at the end of the day should be done via CSS. If I have not stated before. A lot of issues in relation to commonly used elements like menus, buttons, combo boxes all could be easily resolved if the actual HTML standards provided the basic structure with the flexibility of styling which designers are requiring. There are to many hacks in the wild which provide poor UX to the disable community and broader.

Using a non-technical simplistic example: A door has certain properties. The style of the door changes depending on the width, height, the type of door used, ETC. But everyone knows it is a door by the basic structure.

Sean Murphy
SR ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
seanmmur@cisco.com
Tel: +61 2 8446 7751