Re: How to mark up paragraphs in legal texts

On Tue, 11 Dec 2018 10:01:47 +0100, Alastair Campbell
<acampbell@nomensa.com> wrote:

> Tobias wrote:
>> > The exact numbering is extremely important, including the format.
>> What is the best way to represent this in HTML?
>
> Sean Murphy wrote:
>>  Why not <ol> tag?
>
> If the numbering is simple (block after block with no breaks for other
> elements) the <ol> & list items is good.
[...]
> Given that accuracy is vital in that scenario, embedding it in the
> content might be the safest approach. It really depends how you are
> creating it, and who will be editing it.

Yeah, I would be inclined to include the numbers into the content. You
might want to run a post-processor script to do that in between writing
and publishing, although you would want to be sure it was a good one.

[That said, as important as numbering is it is known to go wrong, so
things like "paragraph 47 (the second of two which are erronesously
numbered the same)" is a known concept...]

cheers