RE: Question in the use of aria-hidden attribute

Thanks everyone for the answers. I was going to ask the purpose of aria-hidden="false". As off and false in my mind is the same. But Brian's explanation explains the reasoning behind the false value. People are very confused with this aria attribute that I have seen.

Question, if someone wants to hide content from a screen reader and only expose it when required. I assume they should use aria-hidden="off" to re-populate the accessibility tree.

Just confirming I fully understand this aria property.

[https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/m/en_us/signaturetool/images/banners/standard/02_standard_ciscoblue02.png]

Sean Murphy
SR ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
seanmmur@cisco.com<mailto:seanmmur@cisco.com>