From: Ginger Claassen <ginger.claassen@gmx.de>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 7:16 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: ARIA and Jaws question

Good Morning everyone,

We currently have a web application here where some non editable text entry fields are correctly marked by ARIA but in Chrome they are not accesible by Jaws. However, in Internet Explorer they are accessible and visible to Jaws.

Is this due to some error in ARIA markup or is the Google Chrome Accessibility API not able to show those fields?

I would be glad about any idea how to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Solong

      Ginger