From: Peter Shikli <pshikli@bizware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2018 12:27 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Section 508 Auditing

Mario,

1. The Section 508 folks say they "pivoted" to WCAG 2.1 AA but did not switch over to it, yet I don't see any significant difference now.

2. There is no Section 508 certificate any more than a WCAG certificate since both are subjective self assessments.  Since federal agencies who are required to meet Section 508 needed an objective measure their Office of Accessible Systems & Technology<https://www.dhs.gov/office-accessible-systems-technology> established the Trusted Tester Program<https://www.dhs.gov/trusted-tester>, an intensive 6-month training program focused entirely on Section 508 testing methodology.  Graduates scoring at least 90% on a week-long final become certified Trusted Testers.  An accessibility audit performed by certified Trusted Testers is the most likely to be accepted by a federal agency in the USA.

Cheers,
Peter Shikli
Access2online
A Division of Bizware Online Applications, Inc.
29030 SW Town Center Loop East
Suite 202-187
Wilsonville, OR 97070
503-570-6831 - pshikli@access2online.com<mailto:pshikli@access2online.com>
Cell: 949-677-3705
FAX: 503-582-8337
www.access2online.com<http://www.access2online.com>
Prison inmates helping websites become accessible