Re: Section 508 Auditing

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 08:19:50 +0200, Batusic, Mario
<mario.batusic@fabasoft.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I have two questions:
>
> 1.       Do I understand right the updated Section 508 from the year
> 2017 that adopts WCAG 2.0 A and AA as the measure for the >accessibility
> of websites and web apps?

I think that is the gist of it. You should check of course.

> 2.       What is the way for a company to successfully show, that its
> web app is accessible according to Section 508?
> I think there is no Sect508 certificate available? Who should audit our
> web app so that the evaluation results are confident and >accepted in
> USA?

Somebody who undestands what they are doing. I don't know that there is a
list of "accepted suppliers", for certification, so you have to do your
due diligence yourself.

It would be good if there were people who clearly used an agreed
methodology and for whom you could get reviews.

As a quick start, anyone who uses an entirely automated process (with no
human help) is unlikely to do a good evaluation, and anyone who doesn't
use any tooling to look at your entire site might risk costing more money
than necessary.

There are a number of accessibility companies that are W3C members
partivipating in the work of *defining* WCAG. That doesn't prove they know
what they are doing and that they do it well, but it is certainly a good
sign, in my opinion. (There are also accessibility consultants who for one
reason or other do not do that but are good...)

Sorry the answer is so vague. That's how it is...

cheers

Chaals