Re: Bold vs Strong

I concur with Mohith.

Because most screen readers and visual browsers treat STRONG/B identically by default, the distinction seems irrelevant for now.

 It is important to note that screen readers ignore both STRONG/B tags along with EM/I and color changes by default. Use either one as needed assuming that they convey little semantic info to screen readers.

If you really are using STRONG/B or EM/I for major inline emphasis, you may want to add text like Note: or Warning: or Important: This was the recommendation I got from my screen reader colleagues.

It's also important to tag headings consistently regardless of other formatting tags. Some cautions etc. can be headings.

My two cents.

Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
Sent from my iPad