How do we test for meeting the new WCAG 2.1 1.3.5 Identify Input Purpose Level AA

From: ALAN SMITH <alands289@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 12:42:01 -0400
To: Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@levelaccess.com>, Wilco Fiers <wilco.fiers@deque.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>, "wayneedick@gmail.com" <wayneedick@gmail.com>
All,

This new guideline has some limits from the second bullet:

Success Criterion 1.3.5 Identify Input Purpose (Level AA): The purpose of each input field collecting information about the user can be programmatically determined when:
• The input field serves a purpose identified in the Input Purposes for User Interface Components section; and
• The content is implemented using technologies with support for identifying the expected meaning for form input data.
I don’t think that most existing websites and current coding for form fields have been “implemented using technologies with support for identifying the expected meaning for form input data.”

How do we test for this new guideline?

Alan Smith