RE: EPUB -Videos

From: Siegman, Tzviya <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 19:45:01 +0000
To: sirisha gubba <nsfsiri2014@gmail.com>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Sirisha,

It is possible to embed video in an EPUB file (using <video>), but many authors and publishers choose not to because it makes the files very large.

Please see https://www.w3.org/Submission/2017/SUBM-epub-contentdocs-20170125/Overview.html#sec-xhtml-fallbacks.

You may wish to contact the EPUB 3 Community Group public-epub3@w3.org<mailto:public-epub3@w3.org>.

Tzviya

Tzviya Siegman