RE: Having h5 after h2 is a violation as per 1.3.1 info & relationships. - was: WCAG violations or accessibility enhancements

While i agree that skipping levels is not a WCAG violation,  it should be
emphasised that this will cause a usability problem for screenreader users.
 E.g. if a screenreader user cycles through the headings (h1, h2's then
h3's, etc. ) and the screenreader reported nothing for a next level of
heading (i.e.,  h3 and h4 skipped), then the user will most likely stop
cycling through headings,  having assumed there were no further headings.
In this case the screenreader user will not be presented with an
*equivalent* 'picture' of the page as we,  the sighted user will perceive
it.
If it's not an explicit rule of WCAG, then it's high time we made it a
rule!

Kindest regards
Harry