Audio Description Open File Format

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 18:19:29 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Dear Web Accessibility IG,

As you may be aware, we introduced audio related features to TTML2 in anticipation of a profile to support audio description, all the way from scripting to mixing. TTWG and the Web and TV IG also briefly discussed requirements for such a profile at TPAC in 2016, and they were added to the TTML2 GitHub repository's wiki.

I write to invite anyone interested in helping to create and establish that profile to let me know of their interest so that I can take the next steps to establish an appropriate group (e.g. a W3C Community Group) to begin working on it. I'm trying to get the message out widely, so I've prepared the attached 1-pager  feel free to forward it on.

Do let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to participate,

Kind regards,

Nigel Megitt
Executive Product Manager, BBC Design & Engineering
Telephone: +44 (0)3030807996
BC2 B5 Broadcast Centre, White City Place, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TP