From: Steve Green [mailto:steve.green@testpartners.co.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 10:32 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Table Scope=row working with screen reader?

This is how screen reader users expect it to work so you should not change this behaviour because it would add unnecessary “noise” that would slow navigation, not improve it. If the row or column is not changing, there is no point announcing it for every cell – screen readers only announce what has changed.

As I said yesterday, JAWS users can always use Ctrl+Alt+NumPad5 with NumLock turned off to read both headers and the data for the current cell if they have lost track of where they are.

Steve Green
Managing Director
Test Partners Ltd