Re: Assistive Technology Detection

On 25/01/2018 17:04, Patti Burke Lund wrote:
> Question:
> "I understand accessibility needs to be integrated into every aspect of
> your website. I was wondering if there is any way to detect whether a
> user is using support for their disability and then adjust your website
> to support them even more? Kind of similar to the way Responsive Web
> Design detects browser window size then adjusts accordingly?"

It's possible to do this with native apps on mobile platforms, but not
with websites and webapps.

It's also an extremely controversial idea because it has implications
for privacy, quality, maintenance, and a few other things besides.
Here's my take on it as a screen reader user:
https://tink.uk/thoughts-on-screen-reader-detection/

--
@LeonieWatson @tink@toot.cafe Carpe diem