From: Elizabeth Pyatt [mailto:ejp10@psu.edu]
Sent: 15 January 2018 16:23
To: Ash Ta <duc.ta.740@gmail.com>
Cc: Adi Latif <adi.latif@abilitynet.org.uk>; w3c-wai-ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Directory of accessible websites/ apps

This is a common request I also hear in the higher education sector, but there are a few caveats to consider.

1. If a report of a product is found, I would recommend checking the date of the report.

Some products are updated so quickly that results are often out of date. For instance, our LMS releases updates about every three weeks. Fortunately, they are pretty good at sending a list to the schools so they know about them and can test major feature changes.

2. Often reports made at an institution may need to be locked down due to confidentiality agreements. Still, there may be information available on a Google search or through accessibility lists.

3. I do believe many vendors are beginning to understand the need for accessible products, especially if they are in the higher education or government markets. Some larger vendors may now have an accessibility unit that you can consult with. However, the sales unit may or may not always be familiar with that part of the company.

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth

> On Jan 15, 2018, at 11:09 AM, Ash Ta <duc.ta.740@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Interesting to know this too. I want to have a hub where people can find shared accessibility reports for all vendors.
>

> Best,
> Duc Ta
>
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 7:15 AM, Adi Latif <adi.latif@abilitynet.org.uk> wrote:
> Hello All,
>

> Apologise if this has been asked before.
>

> Is there a directory which lists and ranks different service providers on how accessible their service is
>
> ?
>

> For example if I wanted to try source an accessible employee engagement tool for my organisation or if I was looking for an accessible flight booking website or if I wanted to know what is more accessible Slack or Microsoft Teams it could tell me?
>

> Thanks in advance!
>

> Warmest
>

> Adi
>

> --
>

> Adi Latif
>
> Accessibility & Usability Consultant | AbilityNet | www.abilitynet.org.uk
>

> T: +44 (0)203 714 8237
>
> 25 Worship Street, London, EC2A 2DX
>

> AbilityNet Advice & Information Helpline: +44 (0)800 269 545
>

> Registered Charity No. 1067673 Scotland No. SC039866
>
> Company Limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales No. 3469653
>
> Registered Office: Acre House, 11/15 William Road, London NW1 3ER  VAT No. 380597914
>

> Follow us on Twitter:  @AbilityNet | Facebook:  www.facebook.com/abilitynet | Support us online:  https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/abilitynet
>

> --
> ----------------------------
> Duc Ta