Re: CSS vs personalization

I actually wasn't just thinking about WCAG 2.x but Silver primarily. This
was a long range comment. WCAG 2.1 is doing about as much as author's can
handle.

The next step is to look at the whole. Some clear examples are support for
color and font family which seem to be beyond the capability of the current
process.

Style sheets are a good start for the structure of user profiles. They are
syntax directed translations of documents that specify visual presentation.
They are more useful for development than accommodation, but don't
underestimate their power at present for accomodations.

Right now I have retargeted the output of my style generator to apply to
specific applications like survey user agent and epub readers. They work
quite well. Using CSS for accommodation is not most effective but it is a
quick way to see if a concept works before one writes an extension, and at
present they work for all of the text in EPUBs. Nothing else really does.

Wayne.