Re: High Contrast support with Browsers.

From: Michael A. Peters <mpeters@domblogger.net>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 04:19:03 -0700
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On 05/10/2018 03:34 AM, Ian Sharpe wrote:
*snip*

> If an app can determine whether the OS has been customized for
> accessibility reasons, the app (including browsers) should respect these
> settings by default, so that the user is not required to do anything
> themselves.

Yes. I think it is fair for the app to optionally ask the user, but the
default should be the OS settings *and* the app should be easy to revert
to the default if the user changes the app from default (e.g. not have
to hunt through settings in FF about:config)

I've seen that happen, where an adult lets vising nephew/niece use the
computer and the they change settings the adult then has trouble
figuring out how to revert. For accessibility it should be easy to go
back to default.