From: Harry Loots
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2017 11:48 AM
To: w3c
Subject: Braille readers read Arial font characters incorrectly

Dear all

In a meeting with a focus group a few days ago (i'm currently managing a re-design of an intranet for a UN agency in Rome) a user suggested that certain characters in the Arial font are misread by Braille readers. (He specifically mentioned "i"  which he said is displayed as three strokes or something...)

I have not heard about this before, and don't seem to be able to find information about this on the web either.

So, does any one have experience of Braille readers reading fonts incorrectly? If we are aware of such anomalies one may be able to circumvent it using CSS to provide alternative fonts to ensure the information is received correctly.

Many thanks
Harry