Re: WCAG 2.1.3 Date Picker

On 23/08/2017 00:34, Phuong Hoang wrote:
> Will that please the UI designers?
> One more Sailesh and thanks for your input
>
> The SC requires 'all functionality' meaning ' all processes and outcomes
> achievable through user action' to be keyboard-accessible; not 'some
> functionality' or 'whatever functionality the tester considers sufficient'.
>
> The Clear Button (X) in the text input fields in Internet Explorer
> cannot achievable using Keyboard interface. So to I simply take it out
> with the CSS below or find a way to make it work with Keyboard interface
> for SC 2.1.1?
>
> .someinput::-ms-clear {z
>       display: none;
> }
>
> 1.IF you need to delete the text like said accessibility in the input
> field and if one have limitations of body movement. It will take 1
> second to push the deleted button that will take 13 second to delete all
> the text. (Let not counting this 2 - Ctrl + A + try the new text or hold
> down the backspace).
>
> 2.For the mouse users and giving a tab in to the clear button + Enter to
> delete all the text in this way, this person will take 2 second.
>
> So the processes and outcomes here is 13 second vs 2 second
>
> The Clear Button (X) have no keyboard-accessible will it fail SC here?

No, a keyboard user can still achieve the same outcome/functionality.
The point of the SC is not that every single mouse-actionable
control/thing is fully keyboard accessible, but that the user can
trigger the same functionality/get the same end result.

The SC is not concerned with "does it take the same amount of seconds
for a keyboard user that it takes a mouse user". That's usability, not
accessibility.

Patrick H. Lauke