Re: WCAG 2.1.3 Date Picker

From: Userite <richard@userite.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 08:44:26 +0100
To: "Phuong Hoang" <PhuongHoang1182@hotmail.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I have come across some examples of the date picker and discovered that you can focus on the “Enter Date” input and simply type the date, using the correct format.  In fact this approach is faster and easier than going through the calendar.  The problem is that there are no instructions about this available on the screen.  If there were instructions available, and the input was focusable, then I would probably consider this as accessible.
Richard