Re: Remote usability testing with disabled people

From: Wayne Dick <waynedick@knowbility.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 12:22:08 -0800
To: Juliette <piazza.juliette@gmail.com>
Cc: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
This is a critical enterprise. There are others that are similar. In all
these cases I have started to worry about the ethical treatment of human
subjects. How do you address this?
Sincerely, Wayne Dick

On Saturday, February 25, 2017, Juliette <piazza.juliette@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I launched,  Inclusight, a startup that provides disabled participants
for user testings. After providing for a while, disabled participants for
face-to-face user testing, I figured out this was not the best solution.
It's not convenient at all for disabled people as they need to travel and
to plan the session a long time in advance. And when they start the
testing, they figure out they cannot use their own familiar configurations.
It's also a pain for user researchers who, on top of that, are not always
aware of how is it to work with disabled people.
> That's how I came up with the ambition of offering remote usability
testings for disabled people. At this stage, I am looking for professionals
willing to share with me their experience in doing remote user testing with
vulnerable or disabled people. I want to understand how you could make the
most benefit from Inclusight.
> I am looking forward to hearing from user researchers, web accessibility
experts or any other professionals.