Are links should underline all the time?

From: Kiran <kiranph@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2017 13:46:23 -0500
To: w3c WAI List <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hey All,

I need expert advice in learning and more clarifying the concept of WCAG
1.4.1 Link treatment.

As per https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/F73.html , if links do not have
underline or other visual cues will it be a failure?

so If I have added a link in the paragraph where body text is black while
the link within this paragraph is blue ( enough CCR), will that be a
failure to WCAG 1.4.1 if I don't provide underline to this link?

So does that mean, links should always be underlined in a paragraph or in
a sentence?

I was under the assumption that if links have a different color, plus it
shows underline(or any visual clue) on hover/focus, should be okay and
passes WCAG 1.4.1.

https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/F73.html

I appreciate your opinion in clearing my confusion on this.

Thank you.