Re: Resize text: how to ensure success criteria WCAG 1.4.4

Hi Kiran,

WCAG explicitly says there are 2 failures related to this success criteria.
We need to make sure these are not the barriers.

   -

   F69: Failure of Success Criterion 1.4.4 when resizing visually rendered
   text up to 200 percent causes the text, image or controls to be clipped,
   truncated or obscured
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20161007/F69>
   -

   F80: Failure of Success Criterion 1.4.4 when text-based form controls do
   not resize when visually rendered text is resized up to 200%
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/2016/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20161007/F80>

Testing Resize Text with IE:

1)      From the IE Menu, select View > Text Size > Largest

2)      Check if all the text, input controls and containers have resized

3)      Make sure there is no major overlap and the display is not obscured

4)      Make sure there is no content trimming

Testing Resize Text with Chrome

Chrome browser > Settings > Show Advanced Settings > Web content

Click on Customize fonts. This opens the Fonts Dialog. The standard font
size is 16. As per WCAG, we need to increase the font size to 200% and make
sure the functionality is not broken and the containers also resize. Change
the Standard font to 32 (200% of 16). Check if the container resizes and
the content is not trimmed.

The issue with Ctrl ++ (zoom) is it adds horizontal scroll bars to the
pages at 200%.

As per WCAG 1.4.4 Resize Text : *The author's responsibility is to create
Web content that does not prevent the user agent from scaling the content
effectively.*

*Thanks and Regards,*

*Herin*