From: Marwah Helmy [mailto:mrwh.medhat.h@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 11:24 AM
To: WAI IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Accessibilility - Cross Platfrom Apps

Dear All,

We are investigating the need to have cross-platform for web and mobile applications (E.g: Ionic Framework, Cordova, Xamarin), instead of native technologies.

The question is: will this affect/ restrict accessibility of the application especially for blind and visually impaired by any means?

Overview of the foundation and the project itself:
Helm, The name translates to “Dream”; is a non- profit Foundation that aims to promote full inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in all aspects of life by ensuring that they have equal rights and access to opportunities.

Through Helm’s solution, Entaleq; which aims to make public locations accessible to everyone including persons with disabilities through technology using different platforms. Enabling persons with different disabilities to navigate and locate accessible places in Egypt and expand globally which solves a major challenge encouraging independent living through barrier removal.

Kind Regards,
Marwah Medhat Helmy