RE: keyboard and IE 11

Roger, it could be because there is a moving carousel on the page. Try turning
off Page Updates in your screen reader user preferences.

From: Roger Hudson [mailto:rhudson@usability.com.au]
Sent: September 22, 2016 02:17 AM
To: 'WAI Interest Group'
Subject: keyboard and IE 11

Hi Group,

I can across an interesting issue today which I hope someone might be able to
help with.

I was using a site containing an iframe with the keyboard and I.E. 11. I was
able to enter the iframe and navigate the content of the iframe, but when I
tabbed away from the last focusable item in the iframe focus appeared to go the
next link down the page. However, the next tab returned focus to the first
focusable item on the page (skip link at the top) so I was unable to tab beyond
the iframe to the rest of the content on the page.

When I tried the page with Chrome or Firefox this problem didn't happen.

I also tried the page with NVDA, keyboard and IE 11 and the problem happened.

Is this a  known IE 11 bug? Or, can anyone offer any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Roger

Roger Hudson

Web Usability