RE: Technical baseline clause revisited?

From: ALAN SMITH <alands289@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 21:44:04 -0400
To: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>, Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com>
Cc: 'Karen Lewellen' <klewellen@shellworld.net>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
My challenge would be that if a website works with only one set of or a couple sets of browser/screen reader combinations does it not meet the wording of “. it [the website] works with assistive technologies (AT) and the accessibility features of operating systems, browsers, and other user agents."
This statement does not say all of each or all of any.

Am I getting too literal I’m my interpretation of it.

Companies cannot be expected to support every and all combinations of all of the items in the statement.
Therefore, if they have a set that they know works through their own testing or validation from a 3rd party and meets the guidelines with that set, then why cannot they state which ones they support and use to have their website compliant?

Alan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Phill Jenkins

1442C466536D49F8B298439AC5DF4FCE.png
(image/png attachment: 1442C466536D49F8B298439AC5DF4FCE.png)