From: Duff Johnson [mailto:duff@duff-johnson.com]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2016 10:50 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Conforming to WCAG 2.0 SC 2.4.5 (Multiple Ways) for pdf files

> What about EPUB, this is based upon HTML. Shouldn't it also have the same requirements as PDF?

EPUB comes in "reflowable" and "fixed-layout" models. You choose which you prefer when you author the file.

The reflowable model is (effectively) a single web-page, so web-page conventions apply.

The fixed-layout model raises the same questions, in terms of how to apply WCAG 2.0 (which only talks about "web pages") as does, PDF, DOCX, etc. I share Jonathan's curiosity on this point.

Duff.