RE: Level AA exceptions

I hope UAAG work continues. I don't just want it, I demand it continue!

That is where we can get more bang for the buck of effort. It is a proven
fact that it is more effective to fix a few browsers than millions of web
sites.

Organizational policy refreshes should be requiring conformance to UAAG
2.0!  Don't we all have a right to an accessible browser that supports all
the content that conforms to WCAG?  Accessibility requires two halves to
solve the equation - a conforming web site and a conforming user agent.
That is fundamental to digital accessibility, period.

See http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/components.php
"It is essential that several different components of Web development and
interaction work together in order for the Web to be accessible to people
with disabilities."

I believe that is why the the contextual or historical evolution to the
success criteria will be very important.
so that solicitation requirements and policies in organization will be
better aligned to evolving technology.  Didn't some agency just extend
their support for Windows XP and IE 8, another agency is still standard on
IE6 - how does one provide access when the app won't even run on a ancient
platform and browser?

Understanding the factors for why the SC was assigned to Level AA does
come into play here especially when those factors were related to better
implementation by the browser.  Each SC was evaluated individually by the
working group, capturing those factors will improve our "community
knowedge" and help us focus on the priorities that will make a difference.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins,