Re: html5-video keyboard controls

On 04/08/15 19:14, deborah.kaplan@suberic.net wrote:
> I understand that pointing towards a specific corporate instance of
> the video player as a jumping off point is not at all web standards
> friendly. But unless the controls are going to be quite obviously
> documented in a location users will see whether they seek it out or
> not, my argument is either follow the default behavior that is given
> to you by the web standards, or follow the convention the users
> already know, otherwise accessibility falls apart.

i fully agree. thanks for your thorough and quick answer!
there is just no standard spec specifically for video controls and every
browser seems to handle it differently. firefox for instance uses the
space bar for play/pause and the arrow-keys to control the volume. in
chrome i didn't have much luck controlling the video with the keyboard
etc ...

but if no keyboard shortcuts are needed and you prefer to tab through
the controls, all (my) questions are answered very easily! :)

thanks again!