Re: Screen Magnification

Hi Dick

Yes - the things required for WCAG conformance are enough to allow an assistive technology to do all of the things you describe below.

If I did it I would have an option to do so in a window alongside of a window that displayed the regular layout. And it would highlight the text on the (regular display) page that was in the other window (the wrapping, large font etc window).

I don’t think I’ve seen a piece of AT that did this exactly - (someone speak up if they know of one) but it is completely possible if the content follows WCAG.     (Do any of the screen-reader/enlarger programs do this already?  Could one of those be used with speech off?)

gregg

PS  WCAG is not itself a regulatory body.
WCAG is a set of guidelines
the WCAG WG is a group of volunteers working on Web Content Access —
and the W3C is a standards body.
But yes - the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) are being used by other regulatory bodies for access guidance.

Gregg Vanderheiden
gregg@raisingthefloor.org