looking for sites

From: Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 09:58:35 +1000
To: "'WAI Interest Group'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Group Members,

Request for suggested sites to include in research project:

As sites become more complex (including the greater use of dynamic content)
I have noticed an increasing difference in the ability of AT (particularly
screen readers) users to understand how particular page components should be
used when trying to locate information. I am interested in doing some user
research with AT users of different ages and with different levels of AT
skills to get a better handle on this issue.

I would greatly appreciate any sites list members might be able to suggest.
I am not after bad or inaccessible sites. On the contrary, I am looking for
modern sites/pages/components with more advanced techniques (e.g. ARIA) that
are accessible, provided the user knows what to do.

At this stage, it seems like the following components are worth considering
since they are pretty common and can be approached in a number of different
ways:

1.      Main site navigation menus with drop-down sub-menus that contain
many items.

2.      In-page tabs (horizontal and/or vertical), which change the content
in just a section of the page.

3.      Systems for entering dates - date picker calendars and/or text input
fields.

4.      Providing optional help information for form controls - often via a
help (i) icon that generates a dialog or tooltip when activated

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Roger

Roger Hudson