Re: When reviewing a site with CSS disabled, "sea of white" appears: is this a real accessibility issue?

Hi Andy,
Without an example, it is hard to know for certain what the sea of white
represents. It could be that the designer forgot to explicitly set a
default text color (color: #000000; or something similar). It could be that
the sea of white is white text on a white background. This text would still
be visible to screen reader users, but certainly not to users with low
vision.

There may be other reasons for the sea of white. It could be a design image
that is being brought in through the background property.

I find turning off CSS to be a good technique to get an understanding of
the underlying structure of the page.

The seas of white would need further investigation to know for sure if they
represent missed content or potential barriers to AT.

-Taliesin