Re: Feedback

> On 21 Nov 2014, at 12:57, Olaf Drümmer <olaf@druemmer.com> wrote:
>
> - all uppercase is more difficult to read than mixed case, and is a barrier for all; all uppercase is used for navigation entries, news headings, visuals in the slider, and a couple of other places

The evidence is that while all-uppercase is dramatically harder to read for continuous text (sentences, paragraphs), it’s not measurably harder to read for labels of one or two words - indeed, it’s often a better solution for things like navigation menus because for a given size the letters are larger and will render more distinctly in a lo-res graphic environment. IBM (of all people) did the research to validate this in the last ‘50s, when the issue was labelling of instrumentation in fast jets.

best

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

We help explain things using design | language | systems | process improvement

markb@textmatters.com | +44 (0)118 986 8313
http://www.textmatters.com | Twitter @mark_barratt | Skype mark_barratt