Re: Clarification on normative glossary definition of "Large scale (text)"

Ah I see what you are getting at.  (Was crossing your conversation with other discussion / web posting.)

The comparison should be against a page with no font size specified.     That is,  the “Base font” should be no font size specified.

If they specify points   (rather than 1.5 em)   then use the 14   18 guideline.

(and yes different font faces are different sizes — but that gets into normal variance and improbably complex rules.)

Remember that these are MINIMUM guidelines for accessibility.   Many people can’t use them at these sizes — so larger is better.
(or in this case - higher contrasts even for larger print.)

Gregg

PS  ALSO remember that it is important to make it possible for people to create lower contrasts and text/background color changes.   Some people have TROUBLE with high contrast.