Ignore HTML elements in mobile devices

From: Rodrigo Prestes Machado <rodrigo.prestes@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 20:18:21 -0300
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Dear Colleagues,

I'm new in accessibility, so, I'm sorry if my question is too basic. How can i ignore an element, for example, a image, in screen readers for mobile devices (VoiceOver or TalkBack). Sometimes we need to ignore element used just to style the page, so I need something similar tabindex=“0” but for touch events.

Best regards,
Rodrigo

--
Rodrigo Prestes Machado
Instituto Federal de Educação, Ciência e Tecnologia - Câmpus Porto Alegre