RE: question about technique G80

Yes in my opinion.  The idea behind SC 3.2.2 is to use a button - it doesn't matter if it's a input type submit or input type button or a button element.  G80 is a general technique but does reference the submit button because it sends an HTTP request.   Any sufficient techniques are not the only way to meet the success criteria and other methods using button could be used.

Jonathan.

From: Julian Scarlett [mailto:Julian.Scarlett@eden.gov.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:36 AM
To: 'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'
Subject: question about technique G80

Hello all

Technique G80 suggests using submit buttons to change context of a page. If I use an input of type="button" instead of type="submit" would that satisfy the requirements of criterion 3.2.2?
(I'm struggling to use a submit button because it's a .net page and the form has a post method whereas I need to pass something via the querystring using javascript)

Example http://www.southlakeland.gov.uk/bins-and-recycling/collection-dates/

(Note there may be other issues on that page with the jquery autocomplete widget. If so please feel free to mention those too!)

Many thanks for your time

Julian

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs EmailSecurity System on behalf of Eden District Council.For more information on a proactive email security service working around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com