aria-label and aria-labelledby support on images

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 03:41:29 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I hope that I can get a small bit of help from several people. I'm trying to verify the level of support for the aria-label and aria-labelledby attributes on images.  I have a simple test file that I'm using to collect data on which browsers and assistive technologies use the aria information (correctly or incorrectly). I'm looking for data on mobile and desktop systems.

The file is here: http://awkawk.github.io/aria_image_test.html

I'm collecting responses here: http://adobe.ly/NcGcXM

If you prefer to email me directly with your responses, please feel free.  Please don't reply to the list as the intent is not to inundate list subscribers with granular information.  After a week I'll post the findings here so everyone will get the information, but in one email rather than many.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility