Re: Success criteria speak for themselves

The primary issue with the example is that CSS is used to communicate information without structure. If a user with low vision uses a custom style sheet, the meaning communicated via CSS will be lost.   You can make the same argument for headings.  The perceived decision to require structure for headings and flow elements but not for phrasing elements is the concern Wayne is addressing.

Jonathan