Re: HTML5 DL Element vs. WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria

On 06/02/2014 16:37, Mike Elledge wrote:
> In contrast, WCAG 2.0 limits DL to its HTML4 role as a definition (as in
> a Glossary), which would preclude an expanded use of DL.
>
> Will WCAG 2.0 be revised to include the more flexible implementation of
> DL, or have I misunderstood DL's re-definition in HTML5?

The part that specifically deals with "which markup element should be
used in HTML", i.e. the techniques, is purely informative
(non-normative)...so feel free to ignore the advice there at your
heart's content if you feel that DL satisfies the (normative) success
criterion you're addressing (e.g. that the relationship/structure you're
trying to mark up with the DL is appropriately conveyed in particular to
AT users).

--
Patrick H. Lauke