From: Mark Sadecki [mailto:mark@w3.org]
Sent: Friday, 17 January 2014 2:05 AM
To: Roger Hudson; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: iOS7 voiceover date input issue

Hi Roger,

On 1/16/14, 3:29 AM, Roger Hudson wrote:
[snip]

> With iOS7, as you go down to the date input, the label takes focus and is
reported by VoiceOver, but the actual input itself is ignored altogether.
However, it appears that if there is already a value in the date input then
it does get reported.

When I loaded up your sample code on an iOS7 iPhone, I was able to pull up
the picker by double tapping on the label.  Focus was not moved to the
picker and I had to swipe through to get to it.  Once I moved focus to the
picker, I could swipe up and down to change Month, day and year values.
Moving focus back to the date picker did once it had a value did result in
VO reporting the date value.

Mark

> This all seems strange to me and I was wondering if anyone could throw
some light on the matter. Is this a known issue with either iOS7 or the
HTML5 date picker, I couldn't seem to find an answer on the web although
various people said they had issues with the date picker with iOS7.

--
Mark Sadecki
Web Accessibility Engineer