Re: aria-label usage in table cells

Sailesh -- I agree with your suggestion regarding the use of off-screen
text, but then business rules often trump accessibility. They could make a
case that a mouse user would need to know the associated header cells when
they hover on a data cell in a large table. Don't think we can touch and
push their minds. Coming back to the use of off-screen text, can it be
applied on the fly when working with dynamic content?
Can aria-label be effective and dynamically updated? Something like:
<TD aria-label="Process Step of xyz is RECOMMENDATION REVIEW, D means case
is in diary" headers=processStepHdr align=middle>RECOMMENDATION REVIEW
<FONT class=pending>D</FONT> </TD>
William -- Unfortunately its an intranet site and cannot be accessed from
outside. Attaching a screenshot of the table.

thanks,
Devarshi