Re: Undoubtedly, an oversimplification ...

On 03/05/2014 09:35, David Woolley wrote:
> You should count me as a
> non-Javascript person, but I now have it enabled by default because it
> is impracticable to use the modern web without it.  As such, your survey
> would have recorded me as pro-Javascript.

And as such, you will have no problems with a site that DOES use
JavaScript, but according to best practices and producing accessible
output with judicious use of ARIA and semantic markup...

The technology is not the problem in most cases. It's perfectly feasible
to make completely inaccessible sites with nothing but pure HTML - just
stick everything into one big image, like back in the 90s. Now, as then,
it's not a case of blaming the tech, but rather pushing for more
developer awareness and understanding. Sweeping statements about
JavaScript/modern websites/AJAX/etc being bad, inaccessible, or just
disliked, do not really help move the issue further.

Patrick H. Lauke