Adding ARIA properties to form elements with class names

From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:14:23 +0100
To: "public-pfwg-comments@w3.org" <public-pfwg-comments@w3.org>
CC: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi all,

On foot of the recent thread on the difference between HTML label and
aria-labelledby, I have a question about adding ARIA properties to input
controls that similar class names, rather than using IDs?

Firstly is this currently possible (I don't think so), and is it
something that is on the radar of our ARIA expert friends?

Thanks

Josh