RE: screen reader reporting of negative values

From: Jennifer Sutton <jsuttondc@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 12:26:47 -0700
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org"
I agree with Sailesh:

As I see it, this is where the user has a responsibility as part of
the :"accessibility contract." If you're looking at your finances,
even if you don't know how to adjust your screen reader's verbosity,
you better darned sure know how to navigate character by character to
check for minus signs (not to mention being careful to check for
correct reporting of numbers, if you suspect something is amiss). As
far as I know, examining character by character *should* report *all*
characters regardless of punctuation settings, at least in my
experience of some, but not all, screen readers.

Jennifer