Re: PDF Repair: MS Word: Switching Among Human Languages

On Aug 17, 2013, at 1:37 AM, David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk> wrote:

> On 13/08/13 18:18, Homme, James wrote:
>
>> synthesizer to switch among languages. And I want to know if I'm wasting
>> my time doing this in Word, or if that information will carry over to
>> Acrobat Pro XI.
>
> The first thing to check would be Adobe's tagged PDF specification.  If that doesn't allow language tagging, it won't be worth looking into the tooling.

Allow me to save you some time on that!

Yes, PDF (ISO 32000) supports language attributes via a couple of different mechanisms, including tags.

Duff Johnson

US Committee for ISO 14289 (PDF/UA), Chair

p  +1.617.283.4226
e  duff@duff-johnson.com
w  http://duff-johnson.com