Re: HTML Validation Tools

As Mitch noted, the W3C validator would work for you, as you can enter
source directly.
You're right to note that you should be testing the final rendered page,
not the document source file.  All major browsers have the ability to get
that information for you. One of the easiest ways is using Firebug on
Firefox and right-clicking on the <html> element node. Then, select "Copy
HTML". You can then paste that into the validator.

Even easier, use this addon for Firebug:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/validator/

--

Karl Groves
www.karlgroves.com