Re: Rethinking the necessities of ARIA landmark role "main" and HTML5 <main> element

and for those concerned about validation [2] it's conforming in HTML5 when
used as defined in HTML 5.1[1]:

Authors must not include more than one main element in a document.

> Authors must not include the main element as a descendant of an article,
> aside, footer, header or nav element.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/grouping-content.html#the-main-element
[2] http://validator.w3.org/