Re: ARIA role restrictictions in HTML5

Hi Jonathon,

The ARIA mappings in the HTML5 spec have been there for a few years now. I
worked on ARIA integration into HTML5 along with others. The restrictions
are authoring restrictions only (in the most part) That is from a browser
implementation perspective any ARIA role will override any native HTML
element role when applied, but some don't make sense and should be avoided,
thus the restrictions.

The ARIA tables in the HTML spec are not very user friendly and don't cover
many elements. I have developed a document which may be helpful: Using ARIA
in HTML https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/aria-unofficial/raw-file/tip/index.html

with regards

--
SteveF