RE: Accessible PDF Repair

[Deborah wrote] . I am a voice/keyboard user, and I try and try to
remediate our documents, but it's just all but impossible.

I've been able to select text in the document area with Acrobat Pro X and
XI documents using the shift+arrow keys, shift+end, shift+home, etc. then
press F6 to switch to the Tag panel and use the keyboard to create tags
from the selection (application key > r).  The Tag Panel has a great deal
of keyboard support going back many versions.  You can use F2 to edit the
tag role directly in the tree and even use shift+arrows to select items in
the tree and then cut and paste commands to move them around.  Shift+8
will expand the whole tree and other commands like alt+enter work to open
the properties for a tag.  All the touch up reading order panel options
are also available from the options menu in the order panel.   Really the
only thing that I am not aware of how to do without a mouse in nearly any
application (without mouse keys or Dragon) is to select content by
dragging and dropping over a specific area to tag that area only.

I primarily use the keyboard in the Tag panel to tag documents but I can
also use a mouse.  I just find using the keyboard is faster for me.    I
have the "always display the keyboard selection cursor" checked under edit
> preferences > accessibility but I believe the keyboard access in the
document pane works without this setting.

Jonathan